RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
BeggarMan

Surface 2 For Business Purposes

BeggarMan

So I have a handful of these Surface 2 devices that I need to deploy in my place of work.  They need to have a bit of local security on them. I have a model device working just as it needs to.  There is a few reg tweaks and some local policies configured.  I have a script which allows me to copy and re-deploy the wireless and policy changes and runs gpupdate.. But when i test the policy changes they do not work.  When i look at gpedit I can the changes there though.  Any ideas or suggestions?

BeggarMan

Well you can close or delete this topic as such..  I got pretty much the same reponse here as I do everywhere else just about, None.  Let it be known Microsoft uses a product called inTune, which is about the best answer but it is a pain in the arse and not worth the money for what I need. This will be a manual job I suppose. New Thread, new question(s) !

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Sorry no one was able to help. You are probably in a leader position here.

We are deploying in our environment but we are not trying to do any automation via scripts like you are doing. Our standard gpo's are working on them though.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

BeggarMan

Due to the fact we are using the Surface Pro I am not even able to join them to our Domain. I think it would make thing significantly easier !  I am very poor with scripting so that is not really a viable solution for me either, and because Powershell appears to change with every version of Windows I cannot be bother to invest much time into learning it.  I will do what I can with batch files.  My next hurdle is wireless profiles.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Pro can be joined to a domain.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

schoondoggy

For the Surface 2 have you looked at any of the mobile device managers, Mobile Iron, Airwatch?

As ImTheTypeOfGuy stated, the Surface Pro should have no issue joining a domain. Are you still running Windows 8 Pro on it?