RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Use Wp8 Handset As A 'mouse' For Win Rt?

ChrisB1488993274

Hi there,

New to this forum site, so apologies if the post is not in the best category etc....

Have had a Surface RT for a couple of months now - given to me as a xmas present - and I have to say, I absolutely love it.

I also have a new Nokia Lumia 925 running Wp8.

I wondered whether any apps existed, like Smartglass for Xbox 360 / Xbox One, that enabled use of a wp8 handset as a mouse or trackpad to control the surface rt? Doesn't need to be full on remote support etc, just a simple additional control, like a bluetooth mouse.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

I thought I had a promising app:

4.5 stars from 39 reviews.

Mouse Without Borders

However, it only works with an non-RT version as the server piece is a traditional PC application. Perhaps you can convince the developers to write a Win8 app for the server piece. Interestingly enough, they do have the mouse control client app for an RT tablet.  However, it isn't as well received as the WP8 app.

Good luck finding one.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/mouse-without-borders/934b3b71-cc02-4176-a5a3-4e677519ac9a

Thanks pfinter,

I've taken a look at Mouse Without Borders, and it's exactly what I'm looking for (if it worked with Win RT). I've left a post on their website, but I'm starting to think that there's something to do with the infrastructure of Win RT that makes this difficult, otherwise I'm sure someone would have already created this.

Will keep my fingers crossed that something comes up and will post back here if I have any joy.

Thanks again

• 2 years later...

I'd jump in and say I'd love something similar. I find it surprising that there isn't an app that just sends standard HIG mouse signals to act as a trackpad. Having an original RT, the trackpad on the touch keyboard leaves a lot to be desired.