RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Technicalnich

Display Black Bar

Technicalnich

Hello, searched the forms and have used the power of Google and I am coming up with nothing.  Here is my problem.  I just received a Windows RT 64GB tablet.  Very excited about it everything was fine for a couple days, my iPad started to collect dust. But then I started having this weird display issued.  I keep getting this Black bar to the left, it pops up when I start using applications, be it IE, Desktop, email.. does not matter, if I reboot its not there and if I do not touch it and just look at the screen nothing pops but as soon as i touch it, BAMM black bar pops.   I have tried all the resets to even a full re-install and nothing.   Has anyone else seen this?

pfinter

Hello, searched the forms and have used the power of Google and I am coming up with nothing.  Here is my problem.  I just received a Windows RT 64GB tablet.  Very excited about it everything was fine for a couple days, my iPad started to collect dust. But then I started having this weird display issued.  I keep getting this Black bar to the left, it pops up when I start using applications, be it IE, Desktop, email.. does not matter, if I reboot its not there and if I do not touch it and just look at the screen nothing pops but as soon as i touch it, BAMM black bar pops.   I have tried all the resets to even a full re-install and nothing.   Has anyone else seen this?

I also have the original Surface 64GB tablet. I've never seen this issue. Do you have a Microsoft store nearby? If so, take it in. Very possible that they will swap it out for you if they can't clean it up. A friend of mine has been very pleased with the Microsoft store and their customer service. I plan on taking my Type Keyboard Cover in and seeing if they will swap it out as the "P" key seems to be intermittent.

Technicalnich

Thank you for the suggestion, after spending over an hour on support they could not figure out what is going on.  They are doing an RMA for me. 

pfinter

I also have the original Surface 64GB tablet. I've never seen this issue. Do you have a Microsoft store nearby? If so, take it in. Very possible that they will swap it out for you if they can't clean it up. A friend of mine has been very pleased with the Microsoft store and their customer service. I plan on taking my Type Keyboard Cover in and seeing if they will swap it out as the "P" key seems to be intermittent.

Just wanted to let you know, I took my first generation Type Keyboard to the Microsoft store and they not only exchanged it for a new one, they upgraded it to a Type 2 Keyboard at no additional cost. I am very pleased with the customer service I received at the Microsoft Store in Overland Park, KS. Though I didn't buy the keyboard there, I did by it from the MS Online store. Microsoft is doing great things with the store.