RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
israguard

Surface Pro 3? Thoughts

israguard

Hi everyone

What do you think the next model will bring?

dgg4

No idea, but I'd like to see a 10" clam shell option, with a hard keyboard the screen locks / unlocks from. The key for me is the hard keyboard and balanced screen support of a clam shell configuration for use on the lap.

I'd also like to see the 64GB storage option go away

And add a pen loop or pen storage slot

Edited by dgg4

callihan44

Lighter, thinner, i personally want a 10 screen but the current size is ok, more realistic price for storage( everytime Im at  bestbuy  the associates are constantly pointing out their laptop choices are a better buy to customers), new keyboard option that is stiffer and has a hinge on the back for infinite angle adjustment of the screen, internal storage for pen, LTE, do not get rid of the full size usb3

israguard

Lighter and thinner sure would be great. Screen size, myself I'd leave the same. A slot for the pen to slide in would be great.. Mind you, a guy like me has yet to figure out what and how to use the pen for day to day tasks. As far as associates pushing laptops over the Pro 2, who can blame them?. I bought a Gateway for the Family.. 1TB hard drive, loaded to the gills with i5 and 8gigs of ram for just under $600. The Surface Pro and it's products I still feel are a higher end niche market. Also, the never ending short supply in the stores (I speak for Montreal) makes it impossible to walk in and buy one. So if you really need a machine, you leave the store with a laptop which costs less than 1/2 of the surface pro. I know I will personally be heartbroken if in a year or so when a new Surface Pro 3 will come out which I will want.. After having paid so much for my Surface 2, it will be very hard to just leave it by and upgrade to a new model. But having recently travelled with my Pro 2, it's simply amazing. So small, fit in hotel safe perfectly and so on.

Surfaceproguy

Thin and light... The price Needs to come down... But the number one thing is a slid In spot For The pen... I can't believe that could not design I pen/case that could fit. It inside.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

FinsUpDNC

I want a SurfaceProXL.......13/14 inch screen with power cover keyboard that gives you a stable laptop feel when using in that form factor. Pretty much an ultrabook with removable keyboard.

Nickolai

0. I hope Microsoft would still make them, and not make them any worse.

1. Obviously, the better cameras, because as far as I can see in all reviews, both are really bad by any standard.

2. I Hopefully, newer Intel processors won't be a step backwards in performance nor power efficiency.

There's my modest expectations.