RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

CqvSvc.exe error on health.xml file

Mr Bill

I have this error message showing up in my Application Event Log.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CqvSvc.exe

Event Category: None

Event ID: 9000

Date: 11/4/2010

Time: 10:23:00 AM

User: N/A

Computer: MR-BIL-SERVER

Description:

Exception occurred: System.IO.IOException

Message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\intranet\health\health.xml' because it is being used by another process.

Searching the forum here and on the web I see some references to windows search.

Has anyone else run across this error message? It is filling up my event log.

Does the indexing of the server provide any advantages when it is only being accessed across the network and not via RDP?

Thanks for your time.

I have this error message showing up in my Application Event Log.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CqvSvc.exe

Event Category: None

Event ID: 9000

Date: 11/4/2010

Time: 10:23:00 AM

User: N/A

Computer: MR-BIL-SERVER

Description:

Exception occurred: System.IO.IOException

Message: The process cannot access the file 'C:\inetpub\intranet\health\health.xml' because it is being used by another process.

Searching the forum here and on the web I see some references to windows search.

Has anyone else run across this error message? It is filling up my event log.

Does the indexing of the server provide any advantages when it is only being accessed across the network and not via RDP?

Thanks for your time.

It's notifying you that the process can't open the health.xml file, because some other process has locked it.

Most propably nothing critical. From another forum (social.microsoft.com game up with google): The CqvSvc.exe is the service that "Provides Home Server health status to the Console QuickView Media Center add-in".

Indexing your WHS means faster searches from your other computers, because they know how to look for files from the servers index.

So is this a service that could be disabled without causing harm? What mich ram is it using? Where is diehard to test this?!!!

What add-in are you running. I had a bunch of errors with Adminme which is a really bad add-in as well as that WHS health which equally problematic.

I would backup the XML file and then delete it. Normally its just because of too many addins or services trying to access it at once. By deleting it, WHS should recreate and take control of the file.

Chris

What add-in are you running. I had a bunch of errors with Adminme which is a really bad add-in as well as that WHS health which equally problematic.

No I am not running Adminime.

The only add-in's that I am running is the following;

Update History - Ver. 0.3.0

BDBB - Ver. 1.0.3.3

Web Logs - Ver. 1.0.5.1

So is this a service that could be disabled without causing harm? What mich ram is it using? Where is diehard to test this?!!!

Task manager shows this using a little over 44 meg or memory.