RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
CommonTek

Domain Registry Recommendations Please

CommonTek

Hi All,

I am looking for a domain registry service that you all have had good luck with in the past.   Inititally it will link nowhere as I decide how to move forward with the site (if I even do build it out) but I would like to register some domain names.   Also, I will be looking to create email addresses using this domain.  Cost is important to me as well.  I am very green when it comes to website development so pardon my ignorance.

Any feedback is appreciated! Please and Thank You!

Dave

This is another "ford vs chevy," "PC vs Mac" conversation but I use godaddy.com.  The hip registrar to use is hover.com but I can't afford those guys.  Godaddy has not had the best reputation lately and they will try to upsell you e-mail and everything else but you can get decent prices and there is always a coupon to be found.  You are a new customer so you should be able to get some decent discounts just about anywhere.  Sometimes you can find a $1.99 .com on Godaddy for new customers.  Register a ton of names and decide a year later what you want to renew.

SurfaceProArtist

I use Hover.com. They're a TWiT advertiser, so you should be able to find discount codes. I like that they don't try to upsell you like GoDaddy does. They also offer a domain transfer service to facilitate moving domains purchased at other registrars.

CommonTek

I really appreciate the feedback. I had looked at godaddy but was wary over some things I have heard but I will look at both. I appreciate the feedback.

laxmaa

Hi All,

I am looking for a domain registry service that you all have had good luck with in the past.   Inititally it will link nowhere as I decide how to move forward with the site (if I even do build it out) but I would like to register some domain names.   Also, I will be looking to create email addresses using this domain.  Cost is important to me as well.  I am very green when it comes to website development so pardon my ignorance.

Any feedback is appreciated! Please and Thank You!

I appreciate the feedback. I suggest you can bulk register your domain names from XnYnZ.com at reliable cost..They also provide Extra freebies

Domain Locking,Hosting with 1-page Website,Auto Renew Protection,etc,..And also you cn create email addresses using this domain with cheap cost.Hope it helps..