RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
israguard

Just Sharing Some Travel Experiences

israguard

Hi everyone,

In Asia now on a small trip and took the Surface 2 with me. It was actually for this trip and few more upcoming ones that I bought it.

Simply put, I really love it and appreciate it's small size. Fits so beautifully in my carry on that u essentially are not traveling with a laptop. Also, I just love how it fits snugly into hotel safe. I really couldn't be happier.

Just thought I'd share..

• Like 2

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Yes I like mine when traveling as well.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

callihan44

this is why I purchased the pro 2, traveling with an Lenovo x230 and an ipad mini was a pain...I wanted ONE device to take all my stuff on...I tend to use the pro 2 like a tablet and the in desktop when im editing photos- video on the go

israguard

I still took my iPad with me.. I'm one of those knuckleheads that feels "bad" using the pro 2 to watch movies. Also, iTunes is awesome to rent/watch movies. I snooped through the Microsoft store.. It still ain't itunes

pbnationrc

I too travel, actually live in China.  I have the rt and it is a breeze traveling on the planes, trains and automobiles.

JWA0507

I use my surface pro 2 for everything, its my tablet, my touch enabled laptop with keyboard and mouse and my desktop  with dual monitors when docked.

What a great device.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I too travel, actually live in China. I have the rt and it is a breeze traveling on the planes, trains and automobiles.

I wish the rt would play adobe so I can use vudu on it. Or I guess I wish vudu would make an app. Due to this I have to use my pro most the time. By the way. Ultraviolet is much improved now.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

simpkijd

Travel is the the main reason I bought my Surface 2.  Very lightweight and will do about 95% of the tasks I need as compared to comically large company issued laptop.

One note of interest is when flying, I've been able to leave my Surface in my backpack when going thru security.  Most airports tell you to remove laptops but iPads (their words, not mine) can remain in your carry-on bag.  While this may not seem like a big deal, I sometimes travel via plane 2 to 3 times a month.  It's much easier to leave the Surface 2 in my bag and send it through the scanner as compared to removing it and placing in it's own separate tub.  I know this may sound like a small detail but it helps keep the hassle of travel to a minimum.  

israguard

Hi Simp,

You are so right.. Here too, I was told "iPad can stay in bag". So now I ask.."do iPads or tablets have to come out?". So far it's always a no.

Difference of course laptops have hard drives that spin.. Love it.

I'm on a flight soon to South Africa via Dubai and can't wait to use wifi on plane for first time.

pbnationrc

Yup, same here as well.  I don't have to remove it.  Although one after it went through, they brought my bag back an asked me to remove the laptop.  They make me take it out like a laptop an go through again....I don't know why.

Some TSA have told me its the thickness.....I don't know though.