RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Movies On Surface

israguard

The built in XBOX Video App but the selection is not as great as the selection via iTunes. That said I am going off memory, I sold my surface a while ago, so it should be a much better selection now. I rented a couple movies through that during some trips. I believe they expire 24 hours after you start watching,

Xbox video is much better now than in the past. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Also, you can install Flixster, and Netflix apps. Flixster allows you to rent movies, and it stores digital movies if you by a DVD that has the digital movie included in the package.

Remember to select the download option when you rent movies if you want to watch offline, such as in the plane. Also you can only watch rented movies on the device it was initially purchased from. So you must rent it on the Surface device you wish to use. This is not the case if you buy the movie outright, as you can watch on any device.

I used XBox video and rented Star Trek: Into the Darkness, back when I was flying home from Hawaii in November. PMathan is correct, you will want to make sure to download the rental instead of streaming it on the plane. The whole process was painless and the quality of the video was top notch. Having the built in stand was great on the plane as I didn't have to hold the tablet while watching the movie. My wife had to hold her kindle. LOL