RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
surfaceRT

Surface Rt External Battery Pack

surfaceRT

I thought I would share this in case anyone else was looking to have an external battery setup for the Surface RT. I believe this would work for the Surface 2 as well. This will not work for the Pro models as I believe their power requirements are higher. I wanted to have the ability to be away from the plug even longer on my Surface RT. First I took a look at the wall charger and looked at the output voltage and amperage, and the output is 12v 2A. I found an external battery pack from Anker that has that exact output for one of their External battery packs - the Anker Astro3 Pro 10000. Then all I had to do was pick up a cable that had the surface charger magnetic connector on it. I found the perfect one at Amazon (link). I have been only able to test it out a little bit, but I am hoping I can get at least 1 full charge off of it. Once I use it for a little while I will report back on if I can get more than 1 charge off of it.

1383361496_540212959.jpg

surfaceRT

I have run through a couple of charging cycles, ran my surface RT down to 10% and then plugged the external battery pack in and let it charge. Both times the charge was able to go to 82% on the surface RT before the external battery pack ran out of juice. I was hoping to be able to get a full charge, but overall I am ok with the result. Considering this external battery pack has 2 USB ports as well, I think it will be a nice edition to my travel tech.