RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
pitchblack70

Can The Surface Or The Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad Be Used As A Replacement Cintiq?

pitchblack70

Oh - that'd be wonderful... thanks!!  I know there's been tons of back and forth.  Given the size of the investment, I'm looking to make the right choice.  :)

SurfaceProArtist

I just found an app called Virtual Tablet for both Windows and Android that works surprisingly well. I found very little lag and pen pressure was communicated to Manga Studio and Sketchbook Pro. Unfortunately, Photoshop isn't supported. For only a couple bucks, it's definitely worth a shot. Here's my full review: http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2014/4/20/app-makes-your-windows-or-android-device-a-virtual-tablet

pitchblack70

Hey, thanks for remembering me and my post!

Admittedly - while still in the market - I'm also still wavering back and forth as to my ultimate hardware purchase.  Reason being (besides the price) that nothing seems to fit *all* the criteria I'm looking for.  The Surface Pro looks best overall, but I can't help but wish the screen size was bigger for things such as Zbrush.  The larger hybrids have their own issues.  Sony Flip's N Trig doesn't work on Zbrush.  And the Lenovo Yoga - despite being just the right size - worries me. I can just imagine the keys being an issue over time.  And my husband recently bought a Lenovo laptop. It's been a headache, both trackpad and software, since Day One.  Which makes me leery of buying one for myself... even if it's a different model.  I keep HOPING that Surface will come out with a bigger screen, or a new Tablet will come onto the market that really fits my wish list. 

But this app is a promising start that things may be heading in the right direction for us artists...

SurfaceProArtist

The Thinkpad Yoga is a very nice machine; in tablet mode I've been using it alongside a Microsoft Wedge bluetooth keyboard and Logitech mouse and it's working out great. There's no question each device requires a bit of a compromise; that's why I'm still such a fan of the original Surface Pro. If you can grab one around $500, you'll get plenty of productivity out of it while waiting for the larger screened next generation of tablets.