RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Bugs On Surface Pro And Windows 8.1

PaulHoover

Here are a couple bugs I've run into. Wondering if anyone else has run into them or have fixes.

1. On all the Office apps when I tap on the minimize, restore, or exit buttons with my pen they hold the "touch" and will not minimize until I either start using a trackpad or point my pen at the task bar. Very strange. This repros on my external Cintiq display with pen.

2. A similar problem is in Adobe Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator. I tap on an object on the stage with my pen. The program appears to freeze. If I use a trackpad it will start dragging around whatever I clicked on. This makes illustrator mostly unusable with the pen.

I think it might be related to my external Pen display because I have the latest Wacom drivers installed. Not sure if that is the problem. Thanks for any help.

I do not use any Adobe programs, but I think I have the second problem in ChemDraw. Using either pen or touch causes the mouse to be locked on to a depressed state. However, when using the trackpad or the wedge mouse, there is no such problem.

By the way, I do not use any external monitors, and the problem has nothing to do with the Wacom ISD driver.

Now I am seeing the problem in other programs as well. Excel has the issue when selecting text. Sometimes a reboot will clear it out. I might have to switch back to my Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

I have confirmed that Excel does have this problem. But on my Surface Pro, not even reboot can solve that problem.

This makes me feel sad.

I've been running into some problems that I've read others have encountered, but wanted to confirm possible solutions:

a.) This one really bugs me, I use Paint Tool SAI and my canvas will jump off to the corner 1/3 times or so. This happens when I try to rest my palm on the screen. I have to center or drag back the area of the canvas I was working on.

b.) When using the artdock, if I have my palm resting on the screen the input in the artdock isn't recognized. I'm assuming that I can't have both palm rejection and the artdock in use at the same time?

I got my surface pro 2 just before the weekend and I'm determining if it's worth keeping to help improve my productivity on the go. I can see that it has great potential if I can smooth over all these little issues that keep popping up.