RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Shatznr

Problems With Microsoft Store

Shatznr

I have enjoyed the Microsoft store here in Atlanta. I bought my Surface RT and my Surface 2 from the same location.  I do however, think Microsoft needs a lot of work on the retail function of the store.  The store looks great, lots to do and great presentation.  Problem - the experience of buying.  First off - they encouraged me to do the email only receipt for my RT.  I never got the email and then they lost the records of my transaction due to a CRM data problem.

Next - inventory.  I went into the store to buy a 256 GB PRO 2.  They do not have stock.  The store have Surface on about 10 different tables and they do not have any to sell. That alone is a fail.  Bigger issue: I can't order one, I can't "reserve" one, I can't even call to find out if they have any or be called when they get stock.

I am going to Best Buy today to see how they handle the inventory issue.  I understand being out of inventory but they need a customer service solution that works beside you will have to just keep coming back in and checking.

Dave

You might have been caught up in the changeover of the Pro 2 processor.  Happened to me as well but it wasn't due to the stock change.  They had stock of the 128 Pro 2's but they were calling people on a waiting list for them.  I went to Best Buy and purchased one the next day.  If I was buying one now I would see how long they have been sitting since the processor bump looks pretty good.  More on this tonight on Surface Geeks Live.  9:30 Eastern right here.  http://surfacegeeks.net/live