RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Aurora

joem

Guest no-control

Correct Aurora is a Primary Domain Controller. During install you are required to setup the Domain. Not sure about the O/S Compatibility I would think it would support XP pro (even though I wish it would die already)

I have it installed as a VM it wouldn't take much to install a home VM but I've been trying to sort out vail lately so my aurora skills are a bit underdeveloped ATM

Thanks for that information. I really appreciate it. This is significant for me because I support small businesses and have been using WHS for backing up. Since Aurora will be for the Pro type editions I had better be careful about which type of WHS I recommend now.

I was really hoping that Aurora would support client backup for Server 2008 R2 systems, but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case (As far as I can tell.. if I'm wrong, I'd love for someone to correct me!).

I was really hoping that Aurora would support client backup for Server 2008 R2 systems, but sadly this doesn't seem to be the case (As far as I can tell.. if I'm wrong, I'd love for someone to correct me!).

Some of the guys on here with more SBS experience may correct me on this, but it's my understanding that SBS is specifically targeted at single-server offices. That's why the pricing is so competetive. You get a Windows Domain, SQL Server, Exchange, etc. in one package for cheap, but at the price of only being able to run it all on a single piece of hardware.

Yeah I find the above point interesting especially because WHS V1 backs up my server 2008 R2 OS from the client just fine.

Hmm interesting. I had never bothered to try it on my Server 2008 machines since they weren't listed as supported client OS's.. I may just have to give this a try now..