RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
israguard

Mouse Hook Up

israguard

Good morning

If the USB port is used up with an Internet adaptor (when wifi isn't available).. Any other way to also get a mouse connected to unit?

Tks

schoondoggy

A Bluetooth mouse would be my recommendation.

israguard

Thanks.. So Surface comes with BT built in?

schoondoggy

Yes Bluetooth 4.0 is built in.

israguard

Thank you for quick reply Schoondog. Off to buy a BT mouse.

schoondoggy

Do you have Surface Pro 2?

israguard

Yes, after a lot of work.. Got my hands on one a few days ago and opened it up less than an hour ago. In Montreal the 256 model is sold out everywhere.. I was refreshing Bestbuy's page every 20 minutes and finally managed to grab the single unit they had come in. So far, it's nice and very fast. I will have lots of questions.. Lol

Dave

Congrats on the Pro. I've been working on my Surface 2 since returning from MVP Summit and decided that I wanted a Pro 2 to use as a desktop.  I'm finding that it's really nice to be able to haul your desktop down the stairs and work!  That and I still take the Dell Venue 8 Pro with me.  I took it this morning and did a lot of website work on this and other sites.  So awesome to have these tablets.

israguard

I like "toys" and like many folks, I have usual offerings from Apple. They are great and work as promised. But, I am a heavy email user (for work) and wanted something that will connect to our exchange server. I have a few Laptops, but carrying 5.5lbs brick with me on trips and such started to wear thin. Saw this one and loved it.. Wanted to go for an XPS. 13" from Dell, but the Surface Pro 2 kept calling my name. It's fast & there is nothing like it. Granted, it's not light.. But aside from that it's a 100% laptop replacement and a huge space savings. I don't know much about Windows 8. So, I will have a spot to learn.

All I am going to search for now is (don't laugh) a "man purse". I want a sporty carrying case with a shoulder strap that will allow me to carry it safely and easily. I want something perfect. A really nice machine this is. I added a BT mouse today and it too works perfectly.

To be continued as I discover it more