RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft 12 Days Of Deals - Dell Venue Pro 8 Doorbuster

bowulf

I saw this on Slickdeals -- looks like December 9th will be a busy day for Microsoft stores...  This offer was apparently from the 12 days of Christmas e-mails. 

Dell Venue 8 Pro 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet - $99 doorbuster, $199 online at the Microsoft Store on 12/9 Monday. Microsoft Store will have the Dell Venue 8 Pro for $99 as a doorbuster item on Monday, December 9.

They will also be $199 online on the same date.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/sto...delltablet

Small print:

*Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet: $99 Sale Price, $299 Reg. Price. 20 available per store while supplies last (Minimum Guaranteed Time: 1 hr.)

Valid 12/9/2013, while supplies last. Available in select Microsoft retail and online stores in US (including Puerto Rico). Available in select Microsoft retail stores in Canada only; not valid online in Canada. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Price discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit 1 per customer.

Dell Venue 8 Pro 8" Windows 8.1 Tablet - $99 doorbuster, $199 online at the Microsoft Store on 12/9 Monday. - Slickdeals.net

I saw this blow up on Twitter.  Killer deal.  Who is going to line up?  I wonder what time you will need to be in line in order to get one at the $99 price?

If there are not 20 people waiting in line when the store opens the price goes for an hour or until the 20 are sold.  Then the price changes to $199 until supplies are gone or the day ends.

MS Specialty store at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island NY opened at 8am. I was on line with 2 friends and we were the 3rd, 4th, and 5th. We got there at 7:15am. Don't forget to ask for the free $25 app card.

Yes, and by getting to my Specialty Store in Louisville at 9:30, I was too late. There was a line, and they had already sold out of the 20 $99 Dell tablets, but had about 60 on hand for $199. I stood in the line--about 25 deep at the time--but eventually got out after having some time to think about it. At $99 the Dell Venue 8 is too good to pass up. At $199, it's still a very good deal based on what the list price is, but nothing I felt like I had to have this morning. Especially since I would eventually resell it anyway as I can't imagine the device changing my life in any significant way.

I hope that Microsoft hasn't led with their best deal on the first day. Perhaps, there will be some other comparable or better deals over the next 11 days.

The Microsoft website seemed to get swamped at the designated 10am EST.  I was unable to get through, and when I finally did at 10:15am, all the $99 units were gone, with only the $199 discount available.  Looking again now at 2:30pm, those are sold out, and the regularly priced $299 units show out of stock.  I would've snagged one at $99, but I'll sit tight with my Asus T100 which is working just fine.