RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
israguard

Bestbuy - Extended Warrantee

israguard

Hi,

Delighted to share that I got mine today. Was not easy but refreshed bestbuy screen every 20 minutes.

My question is.. Is it worth the $125 for the extended warrantee with bestbuy?. Did u guys get it?. Fella told me "if something goes wrong and we can't repair it.. We replace it". Not sure what to do.

Tks

rhinoevans

I used to always get the BBY extended warranty , why, because I use to work their part time and it was cheap. Not so sure I would buy them now. Last few I bought were a waste of money, down the drain. I use to use the 10%rule. It the warranty was 10% of less of the purchase price , I would do it. Stopped buying warranty on ipad 2 years ago . They never break, for me anyways. I am purchasing the Pro 2 soon, and i bet the warranty is over my 10% rule. So I am sure. I will not buy. My guess is if you take care of your stuff and it last the first year under the manf warranty, not needed. Always a gamble. And not everything covered, unless you buy the more expensive accidental damage.

Edited by Rhinoevabs

pfinter

I believe Consumer Reports has studied the issue of Extended Warranties. The conclusion is that they almost never payoff. 

israguard

Thank you both for your input. I will pass on the warrantee

israguard

Thank you both for your input. I will pass on the warrantee