RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Type Cover Shortage?

axoid

I ordered a $169 Surface RT Thursday and I wanted a keyboard for it. I've sent most of the weekend looking for a Type Cover 2 and almost every local store was sold out. Every Best Buy, Office Max and all but one Stables didn't have any in stock and Stables Online is sold out and Amazon is listing them at 165 or more.

Is this just me or are other people seeing the same thing?

Bill

I ordered a $169 Surface RT Thursday and I wanted a keyboard for it. I've sent most of the weekend looking for a Type Cover 2 and almost every local store was sold out. Every Best Buy, Office Max and all but one Stables didn't have any in stock and Stables Online is sold out and Amazon is listing them at 165 or more.

Is this just me or are other people seeing the same thing?

Bill

I noticed several type 2 covers, at my local MicroCenter store, friday afternoon. Incidentally, my local MicroCenter store had 200 Surface RT's available at the $179 Black Friday promo price.  All were spoken for before the store opened Friday morning at 8am.

Thousands if not tens or hundreds of thousands of RT tablets have been sold out at Walmarts, Best Buys, Office Depots, Staples, MicroCenters, etc... What will be interesting to see:

• The day after Christmas, will there be a huge percentage of returns of Surface RT tablets?
  • People trying the tablet and realizing what a great deal they received? 
  • Windows Store App purchases jump a crazy amount? 

Interesting I spent all weekend looking for a type2 cover as well...

On another note I got spoiled with both the Surface Pro and the dell venue 8 Pro.
Surface RT is much lighter than the Surface Pro however I notice many lags especially on the mail app.

There was an entire bin of the pink type cover 2's yesterday at one of my local best buys. That being said, I ended up having to backorder a black one at my local Microsoft store. Took about a week or so to come in.

• 3 weeks later...

Sold out everywhere in Las Vegas also but I was able to find a black touch and a purple Type at the military exchange. I bought the touch, but wanted both