RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Pro 2 (512Gb)

israguard

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has the 512GB model.  I checked today and it is now for shipping from Microsoft.  Its a $500 premium over the 256GB model..

Not sure what to do & if this is worth the extra $.  Also, anyone buy directly from Microsoft ? ie: had unit shipped.

Thanks

I just can't justify that kind of a price jump for the additional storage, especially in light of the two years' free 200GB SkyDrive storage you get with the device. The 8/256 model is definitely the best bet.

• 2 months later...

I would agree. I have the 512, but my main driver is a set of Virtual Machines, each taking up some 80Gb individually, so 240gb in total. Analyse yor own requirements, be honest about them and then decide. For me, VMs cannot exist on cloud storage, they have to be local. For people who do video editing, the same would apply. So ... :-)

I too was on fence.. My IT guy told me "just not worth the $". Bought the 256 and couldn't be happier. In Canada it's around $1700 or $1800 for the 512. That's genuinely serious $ for a laptop.. And chances are, I wouldn't use the extra space anyways.

I've started using the free 200GB. I just can't wait to see how much 100GB or 200GB costs a year when the free term is up.

I too was on fence.. My IT guy told me "just not worth the $". Bought the 256 and couldn't be happier. In Canada it's around $1700 or $1800 for the 512. That's genuinely serious $ for a laptop.. And chances are, I wouldn't use the extra space anyways.

I've started using the free 200GB. I just can't wait to see how much 100GB or 200GB costs a year when the free term is up.

you should be able to look that up now for a good estimate.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

I'm not aware of a photo size limit.  I haven't ran into any issues with photos I've taken with my L1020, L920, small point & shoot or DSLR.  I also store full size RAW images as well on Skydrive. 

Also... The auto upload for SkyDrive works great.  Every picture I take with my L1020 auto uploads directly to a folder on SkyDrive with no action needed on my end. 

I'm not aware of a photo size limit. I haven't ran into any issues with photos I've taken with my L1020, L920, small point & shoot or DSLR. I also store full size RAW images as well on Skydrive.

Also... The auto upload for SkyDrive works great. Every picture I take with my L1020 auto uploads directly to a folder on SkyDrive with no action needed on my end.

Mine won't load to SkyDrive unless I am on WiFi. Does yours load on wireless.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

On your Windows phone device, go to settings>>>> flip over to applications and select "photos and camera".  Scroll down to auto upload and select "SkyDrive".   You'll be able to select if you'd like to have the photos upload using good quality (WiFi and wireless) or best quality (WiFi Only).   I choose to upload over WIFI only but it works over wireless if you select that option. 

I wish MS and Nokia gave us the option to upload the "best" quality over wireless but......  The way I see it is that I pay for my wireless data and I should be able to use it as I choose....