RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
serb

Network Printer Help

serb

I have a printer connected to a machine running Vista that I would like to see if it works with RT. For the life of me I can't figure out how to discover it. A machine I have running XP shows up under network but the vista one doesn't. So it is probably a setting I don't have right.

I also understand there is something called 'homegroups' but that they didn't get added till win 7.

Any advice? I guess RT can't be  added to a domain.

serb

UPDATE: I fiddled with the network settings and got the computer name to show up but no luck seeing the shared printer. Even if it isn't compatible I should at least be able to see it shouldn't I?

serb

I'm starting to see a difference in the two 'desktops.' In control panel on the nonmetro side I see the printer and got a error 0x00000490.

I wonder if that is an access error or a driver error. I was hoping I could at least try the generic HP Deskjet driver that was put out.

Sorry for all the posts, it won't let me edit after a certain time.

serb

I ended up just going directly to usb to test but it didn't work, at least with the drivers released to date. Even with the generic deskjet driver I tested my 13+ year old Deskjet 932c doesn't work. All that prints is some text about host config xml.

schoondoggy