RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
bowulf

Surface Rt + Touch Keyboard At Micro Center $179 (In-Store)

bowulf

Surface RT + Touch Keyboard for only $179 -- http://www.wpcentral.com/deal-alert-surface-rt-keyboard

Head on over to your local Micro Center and you’ll be walking away with a Surface and Touch Keyboard all for the reasonable price of $179.99. If you haven’t heard, Windows 8.1 doesn’t just install the latest version of Windows on the Surface, it also installs a new lease on life. Performance goes up considerably when you the RT version of Windows 8.1 on the Surface. The keyboard you’re getting is the touch variant, but can be pretty useful for quick emails and messaging.

Now it is already OOS according to the comments.  They say they are doing the same special for Black Friday as well for those with MC nearby -- instore only bundle.  This deal didn't last long today, but it is good to see it is coming back for BF.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dave
      By Dave
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB: $499
      Surface with Windows RT, 32 GB with Black Touch Cover: $599
      Surface with Windows RT, 64 GB with Black Touch Cover: $699
      Surface Touch Cover (white, red, black, cyan, or pink): $120
      Surface Type Cover: $130
      Initial reactions? To high?
    • SurfaceNerd
      By SurfaceNerd
      Appears that all the models now have been sold out.

http://surface.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/Content/pbpage.Surface?ESICaching=off

• SurfaceNerd
      By SurfaceNerd
      Some are getting emails stating that their Surface RT tablets have already shipped. WPCentral wrote an article on this today. Although, I have received mine and my account still shows it as "in process". Anyone else get an email?
    • osquest1488993265
      By osquest1488993265
      Looks like the first reviews are starting to pop up. Guess the embargo is over.

Engadget has a generally positive review.

Ars Technica's review runs 6 pages so it's some night time reading for me.
    • IndyLux
      By IndyLux
      The surface has a nice 16:9 screen ideal for watching movies. I plan on using Hulu, Netflix, Xbox video, YouTube, etc for a lot of video on my surface. That being said, we'll also want to take some of our own content. Let's start discussing encoding the best video for the device.

(I'm working from DVDs in Video_ts format and unconverted Blu-ray rips.)

Let's discuss the following:

Program: In the past, I have used Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr) and Windows Media Encoder once or twice. Other thoughts?

Resolution: The Surface RT resolution is 1366x768. Can it output higher res via the HDMI cable? Is this the res we should encode in?

File Format/Container: I was thinking MP4. Other thoughts?

Sound: Probably stereo for the most part.

Other categories?