RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Who's Got A Xbox One?

Dewain27

So, I have mine.  I have it all hooked up, but wanted to see if you guys could stop killing zombies long enough to say your thoughts.  I am reserving my thoughts for now.

I backordered an Xbox one at my local Microsoft store yesterday. I was purposely waiting to see how the launch went and what the initial reviews were before I pulled the trigger. I am curious on how long it will take for it to come in!

I picked mine up at midnight.  The experience has been great thus far.  The graphical boost to Ghosts from 360 to One are terrible and the load times are abysmal but Forza runs awesome save for server hiccups (haven't been able to get into a full game with my friends).

I'm out of town for Thanksgiving so I only used it for about five days.  The IR blasting is awesome and works really well with my setup.  Voice commands likewise work well, though it messes up every now and again.

Upload Studio is incredibly smooth, editing a video together on my console is not something I ever thought of doing(or doing well) but it is very easy.  I haven't gotten to mess with TV yet, still enthralled by the games.  The guide doesn't seem to be completely in sync with my channel roster(just recently got BBCAHD but it doesn't show up).  Almost a deal breaker for me is not being able to access my DVR via OneGuide.  I rarely watch TV live so that's the one thing I have to fish a remote out for(the horror!).

But still living in a remote-less world is awesome.  Controlling volume with your voice, it's just magic.

I'm saving up for Battlefield 4 now and might get Halo: Spartan Assault as well.

My son purchased his through Amazon and received it on the afternoon on the release day. We hooked it up and he has played Forza and Battlefield 4.

The features are an extension of the 360 and the interface seems more polished.

Someday, he might let me mess around on it now.  However, it is his exclusively!

My son is demo'ing the XBox One at Best Buy on behalf of Microsoft. We've played with it at home, but the Kinect is built into the demo kiosk at the store. Without the Kinect, it's impossible to test the cable tv features which is what interests me the most. Overall, I'd say the interface is much cleaner and easier to navigate.

It would be interesting to dedicate a Lumia 520 or other Windows Phone as a dedicated remote control. I don't like using the game controller to watch tv and don't think I always want to speak to the XBox One either. 

Just got a unit this evening and spent a couple of hours trying it out. I'm really worried this won't pass the spouse test. Voice recognition is very spotty, you have to know the commands it understands, cable signal is degraded slightly via passthrough and channel changing is much slower. Glass works as the remote, but you don't see the interface reproduced on the tablet or phone so you have the effect of swiping somewhat blindly. Best thing about Glass is that you don't have to hunt and peck to enter passwords with the XBox controller.