RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
WolfJT

Miracast

WolfJT

Has anyone tried a Maracas device with their Surface RT? I'm thinking about getting the Netgear Push2TV. There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews so far.

Richard1488993267

Nope and never will according to MS  even though the hardware supposedly supports it. What a joke what's the use in a tablet if it needs to be tethered. Starting to really get fed up myself with the lack of things that should be a given but are used as bait to buy a new device a year later. Play to does not work either from surface to pc using built in apps due to more money making tactics. I purchased that ptv-3000 last week after MS announced that it was an 8.1 feature throughout the entire product line, wrong! Anyhow all I want to do is display my pics on my surface to my big screen display without having to stand next to it, sounds to easy doesn't it

Richard1488993267

Does not work and never will

WolfJT

I went ahead and got an Xbox 360. I've only played a little bit with it. But, so far Xbox video and music stream very well. I'm still trying to get content from IE11 to stream. I tried a Chromecast but that is useless if you don't have the Chrome browser. I took it back and got the Xbox.

KC5ZRQ

Miracast is supposed to work with the Dell Venue 8 Pro.  I'll try it out tomorrow.