RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MyMovies Disc Copier will not start

Dave

I can't seem to get the MyMovies Disc copier to start and thought I would throw it out here to see if anyone has experienced the issue. Admittedly, I have not checked the MM forums as I just found it. Will hop out there later to see if I can find any info. Otherwise, it has worked in the past but I have not used it in a while. I did the update to the latest WHS version if that makes any difference.

Service cannot be started. System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MyMovies.WHSEventHandler' from assembly 'Event Handler Interface, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetExportedTypes()

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExportedTypes()

at MyMovies.MyMoviesDiscCopyService.MovieDiscCopier.LoadEventHandlers()

at MyMovies.MyMoviesDiscCopyService.MovieDiscCopier.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

Did you login into the MyMovies database ? Have you checked to see if the services started in the Console, Settings, My Movies Disk Copier, START

My Music Disk Copier, START

Also, make sure you have the later Media Center version.

Also the databases got an upgrade, if you start Media Center and go to MyMovies, you might get a popup asking you to run Collection Management.

I had an issue with the last build and went back one version.

But I'm not running with a license, so the ripping doesn't work for me, only the collection.

All versions are updated to latest. WHS is where the db is and it's updated. I un-installed the old one and installed the new version like it says to do. This has worked for all past updates as well. Starting Collection Management on a MC PC works just fine.

WHS Console, Settings, My Movies Disc Copier shows Copy service not started. Click start and the error above shows up in the logs.