RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Mavericks Is Not Good

Dewain27

Guys, I know that I am a Microsoft guy and you expect this from me.  I just had to post that I have had a Macbook Pro for a long time now.  I have it to be able to use and speak in an educated way about competitor products.  Trust me, I have many machines and I have to say that this last update has to be free.  Even with it being free, I think I want a refund.  This upgrade has made my Macbook Pro feel sluggish.  I have not had this problem until now.  Some might say that I need to upgrade, but I have the i5 with 8GB of RAM and updated it to have a 256 GB SSD.  So, this thing would be a great machine for WIndows 8.1 and would run like a cheetah.  So, why is Mavericks so bad?  I just don't get it.  I have been running it for awhile now and waited to say something till now.  Any Mac people out there having this issue?

BTW... this was posted via the Mac.

Edited by Dewain27

I have a 27" iMac and did the in place upgrade and I have not been happy with it at all. Sluggish as you say and it just seems that apps and the machine in general does not work as well as it did before. I don't use it like I used to but I would like to wipe it and revert back.

For some balance...

Mac mini (2013) quad core i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, dual 23" 1080p monitors

MacBook Air (2013) dual core i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD

No performance issues on either. Both run very well as feel just as fast for some tasks. I enjoy the enhanced multitasking and multiple monitor support of Mavericks. I did however perform a clean install on both. Always do for major releases.

Now John.... we all know that you love your Macs and like to reload them... You would destroy Microsoft if 8.1 ran like crap after an upgrade.  Does anyone else have an experience from an upgrade.  Other than Dave and I?

• Like 1

I have a 15" retina MacBook Pro with a 2.7 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, and a 775 GB SSD. I've been running Mavericks since the first beta this past summer and have not seen even the first hint of sluggishness.

Now there is a bug right now in Mavericks that sometimes makes content slow to display in a finder window or open/save dialogue box, but that's just a bug, not sluggishness.

• Like 1