RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JohnTW

Lenovo Miix 2 (Lenovo Miix 8) Now Available

JohnTW

Amazon has the Lenovo Miix 2 8-inch 32GB Windows 8.1 tablet now shipping.

I hope to have it in hand just it time for this week's Surface Geeks podcast!

I can't seem to find the official Detachable Cover or Active Stylus yet. Hopefully Lenovo updates their site soon. Lenovo also hints at a cellular model coming soon (but they have said that about most of their tablets, to no avail).

CommonTek

John I don't believe that the stylus is active. Based on previous articles (example www.zdnet.com/lenovo-unveils-miix-2-8-inch-tablet-bay-trail-and-office-for-299-7000022027/) it is just capacitive.

Have you heard differently? I am just curious because this is the one tablet of all the recent launches that interests me.

The stylus while reportedly capacitive looks to be less clunky then normal capacitive stylus. It looks more like the adonit jot script Evernote edition.

JohnTW

You are right. It must just be a capacitive stylus meant to fit in the detachable cover. I just assumed it was active like the Dell.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or comments, the tablet is due Wednesday night.

CommonTek

I look forward to your review (and finding a way to get my hands on one). My wife is looking to move on from her IPAD 1 and while I love my IPAD Mini, it may be consider giving her it and getting the Mix8 for me.

JohnTW

Amazon states guaranteed delivery tomorrow but UPS says Thursday! I really wanted it for this week's show, but either way... a review will come!

• Like 1

monotheist

Its no longer Listed on Amazon, not sure why. Does anyone know the reason? 

It says the product is not launched yet. 

mathkkad

Hi there!  just found your channel and i like it very much. I have a question for the Miix 2. I understand that it has GPS (GNSS - how they name it here) and this is a plus because Dell Venue 8 pro does not have one. Are there any nav apps that use gps in the windows store and can you make a demo of that? Thank You!