RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
surfaceRT

Dead Touch Cover?

surfaceRT

My touch cover mostly stopped working this morning. The track pad and volume buttons work, but everything else seems to be dead. Also, I get no sound when pressing the buttons. Has anyone else had this happen?

schoondoggy

Have you tried detaching and re-attaching?

How about rebooting?

surfaceRT

I should have put that in my original post. I have restarted, and tried reattaching several times. Also, I have checked to make sure that sticky keys didn't get turned on.

WolfJT

Is this an original touch or Touch 2? The week of the RT 8.1 release my keyboards type and touch stopped working altogether. The only way I got them back was to take the tablet back to default. I posted this on the MS surface forum and found a few other people had experienced this. If you recall there was an MS update a couple of days before 8.1 released and that's when I noticed my keyboards stopped working.

surfaceRT

This was an original touch cover. I had been running 8.1 since the release date with the update you mentioned above. I stopped by the Microsoft store on the way home and tested out another keyboard. My keyboard worked fine on other devices, and no keyboard I tried worked on my device. I went ahead and reset my RT and the keyboard now my original touch cover works correctly. It is weird that it all of a sudden stopped working like that. Had to be a software issue since the reinstall fixed it.