RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sleeves?

PjDB

I'm planning on buying a surface2 with a touch keyboard.

But, I'm planning on taking it with me everywhere. Office/customers/travel. Do you guys think it's a necessity to buy a sleeve of case of some sort? Or do you guys feel that it's strong and scratch resistant enough to be put directly in a bag?

Thanks

I commute each day using public transportation. And though I feel I wouldn't drop my Surface, I have been jostled and have dropped my Nook eReaders in previous years. So, for protection, I like to carry my Surface in a sleeve and hope the added protection will keep the screen from being cracked from an accidental dropping. Once I reach the office I take it out of the sleeve and leave it out until I'm ready to go home.

Another thing I can tell you is that my Surface's sleeve gets dirty and grimy from taking it everywhere. I suppose knowing that it is helping keep my Surface cleaner is nice (though I'm sure the bottom of my Type cover is getting gross too. 

I would get a cheap sleeve. I commute to school everyday and I always throw my surface into this sleeve I bought on amazon for $0.01, and then throw that sleeve into my backpack. Prevents any scratches and adds that extra layer of protection during transportation!

I too have a sleeve/case. It's a cheap little thing, but does the job. Keeps it clean and it's not as slippery as holding a bare tablet.

• 4 months later...

I have the Incipio Feather Case for my work provided Surface Pro1.

Obviously, with the kickstand, keyboard and cooling vents, designing a case for the SPro was no simple task.  Incipio did a pretty good job, but there are two things potential buyers should be aware of.

There is a design flaw in the part that covers the kickstand.  It is just a hair too narrow, causing the kickstand to bow a little, and it won't fit fully flush.

Also, if you like to use the keyboard flipped under the Surface, using it in tablet mode on your lap, which I frequently do, the Type covers aren't flexible enough to clear the extra bulk and still stay attached.  The Touch Cover will still flip under and act as a platform for increased stability.

• Like 1

I have the Incipio Feather Case for my work provided Surface Pro1.

Obviously, with the kickstand, keyboard and cooling vents, designing a case for the SPro was no simple task.  Incipio did a pretty good job, but there are two things potential buyers should be aware of.

There is a design flaw in the part that covers the kickstand.  It is just a hair too narrow, causing the kickstand to bow a little, and it won't fit fully flush.

Also, if you like to use the keyboard flipped under the Surface, using it in tablet mode on your lap, which I frequently do, the Type covers aren't flexible enough to clear the extra bulk and still stay attached.  The Touch Cover will still flip under and act as a platform for increased stability.

does this case make the surface pro "feel" better, less slippery ? Ive watched a few vids about this case but not sure I want a case at all yet