RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dell Venue Pro 8 Shipping Delays

Dave

I ordered the Dell Venue Pro 8 on October 18 around mid day.  My estimated delivery date was October 29th and I just recently received an email from Dell stating that the order will be delayed.

Dear Customer,
We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted your Estimated Delivery Date and your order is now projected to reach you on or before 11/8/13.

So its "estimated" for November 8th.  Anyone else get a new date?  Leave your date ordered and date estimated delivery here in the forums for others.  

Another question for you.  If you are thinking about ordering something like this and you see that delivery is 2 to 3 weeks out does that make you hesitate?  Just curious.

Dave

Aw that sucks.  I'm really interested to see reviews on this tablet as I'm pretty interested in getting one.  I assume a Surface mini would be RT only, so this is very interesting to me.

Sorry to see the delay, let us know when it finally comes!

I ordered mine on October 18th and had an orginial delivery date of October 29th.  Now that has been change to November 8th as well.  I wonder why the delays?

I was going to order one but saw a date of mid-November. Amazon still lists a pre-order date of 11/1. I wonder if they'll ship first?

Hopefully everyone gets it soon, and they are without issues.

Ordered mine Oct 23 mid day on the phone from dell was told it would ship Oct 30th and arrive on or before Nov 5th. The order status online stats the same, I haven't received any email update and the website still stats a Nov 5th delivery. I did read another forum that stated the were secure boot errors so they had to delay the release, the ones that Walmart got out before the bug was found. But from what I read there stock is very limited. I did also order the stylus and that should be here tomorrow.

A full blown Windows machine needs to have large storage available. Applications just take up too much. This is my only reservation about buying a mini. Not too mention I'm not sold on the Atom processors and so far these things only have 2 Gig of RAM. I think that's too low

My order date was also 10/18 mid day...the expected delivery date was 11/5...NOW,today, it has changed to 11/22!!!!!!!!!!!! Stylus just sitting here waiting.....