RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
GByOBRRLZG

Surface 2 Recommended Monitor Display

GByOBRRLZG

Hi,  now that I have a surface 2 and it is the only computer in the home I was daydreaming about connecting it to a HDMI monitor. 

Will any HDMI interface display work or does a certain size and resolution work best?

pfinter

It's supposed to push a 1080p picture. Having said that, I know that these forums contain issues concerning support issues with the HDMI connection and a Surface RT.

• Some people attempted to use a non-Microsoft cable and had problems others had no problems at all.

• Some other people had issues with certain TV and monitors.

• Others had issues with extending/mirroring the display. Search through the forums  and check it out some of their issues.

The Surface 2 is a different device with different hardware. So, you may not run into the issues that they did. Don't know if this was helpful or not.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• HeyBoHink
      By HeyBoHink
      One of the guys on the Surface Geeks Podcast said they said they made some kind of adjustment to project the sound forward. Does anyone remember what that was? I could tape something on it but I would rather not do that. Any ideas?
    • Jerome
      By Jerome
      Hi all,

I am unable to pair my Surface 2 and my Nokia MD-12 portable speaker via Bluetooth 
      The MD-12 is not found by the Surface.
      It works fine on my Nokia Lumia 830 (I had to use NFC the 1st time though)

I read that article
      http://surfacegeeks.net/bluetooth-pairing-with-surface-rt-and-big-jambox.html
      but my MD-12 is simply not found by the Surface 2...

Has anyone succeeded pairing Surface 2 and MD-12 ?
      What are the steps ?
      Thanks for your help.

Jerome
    • ChrisB1488993274
      By ChrisB1488993274
      You'd have thought I'd have learned by now - having already been bitten by the 'oh, you've got a WP7 device - no, you can't have WP8' debacle.

And whilst I understood the rationale behind this decision at the time, it still made me feel very unimportant to Microsoft (I'd only moved over to Windows Phone a few months prior to the big announcement for WP8).

And now it seems like history is about to repeat itself, more or less. OK, the devices in question are a bit older now, but I don't get Microsoft's decision this time around.

Why offer Surface RT / 2 owners an update which will have 'some of the functionality' of Windows 10 only?

It feels like Microsoft are completely embarrassed by the whole Win RT issue. Whilst it didn't turn out all that well for them, the Surface RT / 2 remain, in my opinion, 2 of the best tablets out there. So we can't install desktop applications - big deal - the Surface RT, with the inbuilt Office Applications, does everything I need it to and more besides.

If Microsoft really want to kill Win RT once and for all, give RT device owners the ability to upgrade to Windows 10 fully - with or without desktop functionality. I would be more than happy to upgrade to the 'mobile' version of Windows 10 - the desktop in RT is basically unnecessary anyhow - as long as there are Office Apps, I couldn't care less whether I need to go to the desktop or not to open them.

Someone has already started a vote for Windows 10 on Surface RT / 2 on the Microsoft User voice site - shortened link below - please click and add your support.

http://bit.ly/1D2pf6v

Chris
    • logan1323
      By logan1323
      We have several Surface Pro 2's deployed at my company that all use docking stations. Every so often, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, the external monitors hooked up to the dock will lose all display capabilities.

I've tried restarting the surface, checking the monitor connections, and running windows updates and made sure all drivers were up to date and current. (Example of one that happened the other day was that one monitor still worked but the other would not. I would go into the Screen Resolution dialogue box and try turning the screen back on but after applying the settings the screen would automatically turn back off. )

The only thing I found to fix the problem is undocking the Surface, unplugging power from the dock, plug the power back in and then re-dock the device. After following these steps the monitors will work fine again.

Like I said, this is an intermittent issue and is hard to replicate but was wondering if this was a known problem or if there is any known fix for it out there??

Thanks in advance for the help.