RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Already Found A Hardware Problem

Lethbridge

Just got my Surface 2 delivered yesterday (the 64GB model), and had only been using it for about half an hour, when I started seeing problems.

I was using the remote desktop connection software, and was connected to my main pc when I started to notice the screen flash very briefly. It was only a strip of about 20% horizontal on the screen that would blink a different colour for less than a second, but because I was using the remote desktop, I just chalked it up to a network issue.

Not too much longer I noticed it happening again while in a different app, and now it is happening fairly often.

I think I'll contact Microsoft and see about getting a replacement.

Other than that though, I am quite happy with it.

Did you grab all the software (and most importantly firmware) updates available? Although not the same issue, the 10/22/2103 firmware update solved most of my issues. If the issues persist, I am sure Microsoft will help.

Yep, installed the firmware and all other updates. I've only noticed it once so far today, but I still think I'll see if I can get a replacement.

The good thing is the MS Surface HD is very good and helpful. I've dealt with them a couple of times for various things and got great service.  

• 3 weeks later...

So I didn't have any problems for a few days, and then the flashing started happening fairly regularly again. I contacted microsoft this morning and they arranged for me to do an exchange at my local MS store (which is about a 45 minute drive away, but I figured I would be able to check out the Xbox One while I was there so not too big of a deal).

Traded the tablet without an issue, got it home, set it up and the screen on this one has started flashing already. I'm really not impressed with this at all. I think I am just going to contact Microsoft again tomorrow and return it for a refund. I have my Surface Pro so I really don't need the Surface 2 anyways.

I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Wouldn't you think of two different devices did the same thing it means it isn't meant to do what you want or something else is causing the problem. Sounds like the rt is fine.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk