RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
sherrysbay

Silverlight Workaround

sherrysbay

I use a program called Project Kickstart which is downloaded to my laptop hard drive (which I leave at home). When I travel, I thought their web version would be a great way to still manage all my clients and use my Surface RT while there instead of having to take notes and update my files when I return home.

I was quite dismayed to get an error message on my Surface when I tried to log in to the site (https://app.webplanner.com) and told that it requires Silverlight.

Further dismayed when I found I could not download Silverlight to the RT, and there is not a Silverlight app in the store.

Anybody have ideas or workarounds to this dilema?

pfinter

Not a whole lot of good news here. IE on the Windows RT operating system will not allow the installation of any plugins (Silverlight and Java are examples of plugins). 

The best option I can think of is to remotely connect to a Windows PC and run it using Remote Desktop Connection. (Your other computer would have to stay on and connected for you to be able to access it remotely).

schoondoggy

I pinged the support desk at Webplanner to see if they had a version that did not require Silverlight, unfortunately they do not.

How long have you had your Surface?