RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Just Picked Up A Type Cover 2 From Best Buy

simpkijd

Hello all.  Just wanted to drop a quick note that my local best has started to stock and SELL many of the new Surface accessories.  I picked up a Cyan Type cover 2 about an hour ago.  The sales guy stated they had Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 in stock but where not allowed to sell until Tuesday am.  They seemed to be no restrictions he could find in selling the accessories early the sales guy could find after speaking to his manager. 

The backlighting of the keys looks great and I'm liking the type cover 2. 

My store had all the new covers but wouldn't sell me any! They even had them out on end caps. Argh!

I got to play with other variants and already wish I bought the Type Cover 2 and not the Touch Cover 2.

EDIT:

Went back to the store, and avoided the Microsoft rep. Scored one!

I am loving the Type cover 2. I like the fact that the material on the back is part of the whole assembly. I returned one type cover due to the material coming apart from the seem where is connects to the tablet. It appears that the new design won't have this issue. No one can complain about the backlit KB, it's a wonderful addition.

I am loving the Type cover 2. I like the fact that the material on the back is part of the whole assembly. I returned one type cover due to the material coming apart from the seem where is connects to the tablet. It appears that the new design won't have this issue. No one can complain about the backlit KB, it's a wonderful addition.

The purple Type cover 2 is calling me. I could really use the backlit keys.  However, I still really love my original Type Cover.

• 5 months later...

Have to agree on the Type Cover 2.  I hated the Touch Cover when I was in the store, and ended up ordering the Type online.  I love having actual keys and getting feedback (even if it is small).  My main desktop leyboard is a Logitech K750, so it has similar keys, and I am used to my Mac keyboards as well.