RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WolfJT

Rt 8.1 What I Like So Far

WolfJT

I haven't found a "close all tabs" command in IE 11.  If it is there, someone please steer me in the right direction.  If there isn't one, it's something that should be included in an update. 

Otherwise I am quite pleased with the improvements in 8.1.  I think they put a lot of thought into how people move around these systems and did a lot to make moving around easier.  The ease of getting to the "all apps" screen is a good example of that.  But there are many more.

The closest you can get on a close all tabs function on the Metro IE11 is to right click on a tab you want open and choose close other tabs. It will close all the open tabs except for the one you right clicked on.

Mike1488993269

I am impressed with the SkyDrive integration.  The RT upgrade is a massive step up in this regard in that you can now easily add your SkyDrive photos, videos, documents and music to your libraries.  I also like the simplicity of specifying which files are available either online or offline.  Well done Microsoft.

mggm

The closest you can get on a close all tabs function on the Metro IE11 is to right click on a tab you want open and choose close other tabs. It will close all the open tabs except for the one you right clicked on.

I found a way to close all tabs on exit in Metro IE11.  As you swipe down to close IE, hold it at the bottom of the screen (a bit of it will be below the border).  When it changes to a blue square, all open tiles have been closed.  Next time you go into IE it will take you to your home screen. 

• Like 1

WolfJT

I found a way to close all tabs on exit in Metro IE11.  As you swipe down to close IE, hold it at the bottom of the screen (a bit of it will be below the border).  When it changes to a blue square, all open tiles have been closed.  Next time you go into IE it will take you to your home screen. 

I am really digging this website. I love all of the collaboration. That's a good find MGGM

reddulf

mggm - thanks, that is a really useful find.

Fil1488993270

Tiles are easier to manage in 8.1 than they were in 8. No more wonky "drag slightly down" to select a tile to configure or move it.

pfinter

I'd have to say now that I'm using IE 11 that, I preferred the tabs on top in IE 10 better than tabs on the bottom in IE 11. It just feels wrong.