RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How Many Windows 8.1 Upgrades Have You Done So Far?

I've upgraded two machines so far.  The Surface RT was a breeze.  I could have used a little more feedback from the install but it was pretty much hands off and easy.

The Lenovo Yoga 13 was a little different but that was mostly my fault.  I went to the store and tried the upgrade and it kept giving me an error.  I finally realized that I wiped the Yoga and installed fresh via ISO.  I had to download 8.1 and upgrade via that method.  The upgrade was smooth though.

Two down, one to go!

I'm 0 for 2 so far. Nothing in the store on my 8.1 preview Surface RT. And my 8.1 Pro preview was installed via an ISO so I'm I the process of messing with that. Frustrating.

How's the new Mail app?

2-3, upgrading my desktop now. Both my Surface RT and the wife's laptop updated without issues. I personally like the new mail app.

Ye, I've seen that page.  I'm now contemplating a refresh on the RT.  The desktop is in the process of upgrading - after I reinstalled 8 via an ISO.

Woke up this morning and the 8.1 upgrade was downloaded and installed on my laptop. All I had to do was accept the lawyer speak and wait for the install to configure the laptop. I'm now 2 for 2: 1 Surface RT and 1 Windows laptop.

RT finally updated after using the 'remove everything and replace windows' recovery option. Doing that got me to 8.1 preview again, but i was then able to see the upgrade tile in the store.

The desktop turned out OK but I suspect it was a problem from 8.1 preview being installed via an ISO since it's a triple-boot PC. Doing so got me back to 8 Pro with media pack and ultimately the upgrade tile in the store.

Another PC - a Dell all-in-one running 8 Home - was a breeze today.