RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
LawnPaul

Freezing?

LawnPaul

My main 920 has been freezing up on me 2 or 3 times a day lately.

One of my friend's 822 has been doing he same. Making him battery pull.

Is anyone having issues with their Nokias?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

My 928 has been working fine.

pfinter

I have a few issues with my 920:

1. Occasionally, websites that I link too from twitter, cannot be closed or navigated to a different site. It appears that the window is trying to finish downloading content. If I don't shutdown and restart my phone, the open browser window will rundown my battery in a couple of hours. The websites are usually news stories that have advertisements and it is possible that some of the content is not compatible with the browser. The sites are mostly well known.
  2. XBox music and podcasts.  Could this be a bigger piece of crap?  I had very few issues with my Windows Phone 7 Samsung Focus and Zune. The issues I am seeing are issues with downloading content and playback. Sometimes my Podcasts aren't downloaded when they should be (seldom had that issue with the Samsung Focus.)Sometimes I have to hit playback multiple times before it actually plays. It's frustrating and ruining the experience of an otherwise great phone.
  3. Signal strength - places where my son (the owner of my old Samsung Focus) gets three bars, I have no reception. I actually get the little circle with a slash through it. This is in a movie theater. I know the theater isn't jamming the signal (that would be illegal) and they have participatory slides where they want you to text answers to questions. No LTE, 3G or Edge.

LawnPaul

Pfinter, hopefully the gdr2 update will fix our issues with Xbox music a little more.

I'm also hoping it stops my freezing. The phone froze right after I started this topic. One if my employees has the 520, NEVER froze. But that one has GDR 2 preinstalled.

Rumor has it our 920 may get update this week.

pfinter

Downloading the gdr2 update now so, we'll find out soon.

LawnPaul

Same here. I almost like glance. Don't like that it stays on while charging. If the screen was amoled and not back lit I'd use it.

No crashes yet, lets see how the day goes.

LawnPaul

2 days, no freeze.

Extended battery life also noticed. Seems like a lot of people in WPCentral forums are also getting better battery life.

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk