RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
GByOBRRLZG

Surface 2 And 50Gb Of Pictures On My Pc

GByOBRRLZG

Hi,  I have about 50GB of family photos that I would like to have on a Surface 2 if I buy a one.  I won't have the PC for very long and all of these photos are on skydrive. 

For those who have a Surface RT, should I buy a 64GB Surface 2 or a sdcard?

schoondoggy

Hi,  I have about 50GB of family photos that I would like to have on a Surface 2 if I buy a one.  I won't have the PC for very long and all of these photos are on skydrive. 

For those who have a Surface RT, should I buy a 64GB Surface 2 or a sdcard?

The 64GB will only give you 45-50GB of available space for apps and storage. You should put them on a microSD card or just access them from Skydive.

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/surface-disk-space-faq

Dave

I vote SD card.  I was worried about it myself and added a 64Gb SD card.  Turns out, I rarely use the SD card because I have SkyDrive.

• Like 1

GByOBRRLZG

Will Surface 2 try to sync the skydrive folder to the local device?

pfinter

My opinion is backup your photos to an external source (harddrive, flashdrive, microSD) and copy them to Skydrive. Let the Surface 2 use Skydrive and keep the photos off the Surfaces' memory.

If you're wanting to use some of the photo's for backgrounds, copy those photos to the Surface.

ikon

I still vote for an SD card. You may be at a location where you can't get reliable WiFi access and still want to show someone a photo.

Dave

Agreed, sync what you absolutely must have.  Bring a couple of movies on a flight, etc.  Otherwise, SkyDrive is your best friend.  Go for a new keyboard too!

GByOBRRLZG

Hi all,  I went to the Microsoft store and picked up a surface 2 64GB. 

When I called the store they told me they were out of stock of the 64GB model.  When I was there they also said they were out of stock, even after they "checked".  However, after getting dinner I went back into the store to buy and they asked which model I wanted and they sold me the 64GB.  Kinda weird.

I had to get a purple type cover 2 from best buy.

ctitanic

If all pictures are already in Skydrive so that's it! You don't need to do anything else but to enjoy them in your Surface 2.