RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
schoondoggy

Conspiracy Or Incompetence

schoondoggy

The ATT store in Woodbury MN moved to a new location, so I stopped in. Nice Moto display. Nice Apple wall. Good Samsung display. Oh, there is the Lumia 1020 and over in the Go Phones is the 520.

Then I went to play with the camera on the 1020;

cvv8.jpg

Yup, security device over the lens on the the best camera in the store!
Many of the phones had their cameras partially blocked, except for the iPhones.
They were perfectly positioned.
I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but incompetence runs in waves, apparently.
  • Like 1

ikon

I would demand they move it.

Dave

Wow! I truly do not know what to say to that.

Dave

Feel free to register with your Live ID and comment guys.

DriverKing

My suspisions are that if this took place at an AT&T Company Store, this could be considered incompetence and someone should be notified that this is an unacceptable display of any phone to ensure action is taken so that this does not happen again. Otherwise, if this location is at an AT&T Authorized Reseller, all bets are off and it really may range anywhere from ignornace in how to properly display products for sale to downright conspiracy to push only specific phones that that particular reseller is biased towards. I walked into a Verizon Authorized Reseller to help my mother pick up a new Lumia 928 to upgrade from her aging and unreliable OG Droid X and was told to my face that all Windows Phones are trash (by the store manager and owner, no less) and that anyone would be sorely mistaken to take their chances with the 'worst mobile phones on the market', citing his 'extensive industry expertise and experience'. Immediately after exchanging some words, we left for a Verizon Company Store and lo' and behold their Windows Phone display was excellent, very visible and inviting. The employees were very well trained on the different options and a few of them noted how positive their experiences with Windows Phone have been and why they were even more pleased to have the 928 in over previous selections. So there you have it. Without a doubt, keep as far away as possible from any Authorized Reseller you may see. They do not go through corporate training and are not patrolled well for biases toward particular mobile OSs.

JohnFreiman

This kind of act disgusts me - even more than receiving "portrait' photos sent from an iPhone. :wacko:

schoondoggy

Update:

They fixed it. All is good at ATT Woodbury MN!

Joe_Miner

It's my sad duty to report that the AT&T Store in Springfield, IL on McArthur Blvd has the security lock placed over the camera on the Nokia 925's and 920's though they did miss the camera on the 1020's for some reason.....................

I told the store associates about that so maybe it will be fixed when I go there today....................

LawnPaul

When I told my store their phones where not up to date, they shrugged and said "who cares".

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk