What Your Surface Rt Is Worth On Gazelle.com

Dave

I was curious and ran my Surface RT on gazelle.com

32GB RT

Flawless condition

with Power Supply

$132

With a touch or type cover - $169

it's $154 if you change the condition to good, meaning you can see some wear on it.

Yikes. $169

$169...man that hurts. If you don't mind dealing with the Best Buy blue crew, they currently have a trade-in program for store credit via gift card. They are offering a MINIMUM of $200 and a max of $350. Although now that I look at it they are pretty vague as to which model it is for, but I'm assuming it's RT.

$169...man that hurts. If you don't mind dealing with the Best Buy blue crew, they currently have a trade-in program for store credit via gift card. They are offering a MINIMUM of $200 and a max of $350. Although now that I look at it they are pretty vague as to which model it is for, but I'm assuming it's RT.

Technically the Geek Squad crew do returns/trade-ins.. and they wear black lol

I work at Geek Squad, actually I work today, i'll see what the exact trade in values are in different condition. I find it odd we have a trade in value, every surface that is returned/exchanged whether they were broken or in immaculate perfect condition get sent to repair center instead of certified open box. They went open box for like 2 days and then switched back, I hate it!

Bad news. Every single RT goes for $200 no matter condition or capacity. 128GB pro in PERFECT condition goes $350, but employees are basically told that nothing is in "great condition" rarely "good" and generally "poor".

Edited by berty6294

Thanks for the update Berty. I figured it would be darn near impossible to hit the $350 spot but that sucks RT is capped at $200. And man I would have to be pretty down and out to trade in a perfect condition 128 gb Pro in for only $350.

I guess put it out on EBay and hope for the best. For me, I'll just pass my RT down to my kids if I get the itch for the Surface 2. One of our older computers just died and I'm thinking of not replacing it. The RT might be an acceptable replacement. I'm in no hurry.

• Like 1