RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JBresky

The Sdcardgate

JBresky

I truly love my RT and use it every day, more and more as my only device. However it's storage is limited since I have the 32GB version. Then I assumed that the SDcard slot  would come in handy and I got a 32GB card.

That is when the headache begins. How do I get the files on my SD card to show up in the metro apps. I have done the hack where you mount the card as a folder or something and it worked sporadic. Suddenly a few weeks back all the music I added to the music folder on the card showed up and I could even sync them to my xbox music cloud account and all was nice and dandy. And then suddelnly none of the folders I added shows up. And do I delete an albume in the music app I cannot getit back in the list.

So this is my one and only big irritating issue with the device. Why does it have an SD card slot when it is more or less useless. What is it there for? Anything you put there will be more or less invisible. Who wants to click an image, song or video in the desktop and watch it in an metro app and go back to the desktop again and again and again for each new picture or track. It is insane.

I hope so much that this will improve in 8.1 or I will scream loud, really loud.

/Johan

WolfJT

First off, 8.1 does fix this issue. Have you tried re-indexing all your folders? did you add the SD card location, music and photos ext., to the library list? Hang in there, this is 10 times better in 8.1. I suggest to one, make sure your SD locations are added your libraries and redo your index. It should all show up.

JBresky

Btw Nokia Music can find all the songs,oh joy.

Great to hear that it will be better in 8.1. I did do a complete reindex but nothing happened.

WolfJT

All this works as it should with 8.1. I would like to see MS give us the ability to install modern apps on the SD card, saving space on the Surface.