RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
RMansfield

Screen Recording

RMansfield

On my MacBook Pro, I can use Apple's built-in Quicktime to do basic screen recordings that output to standard video files.

Is there anything in Windows that would allow me to do the same thing on my Surface Pro?

RMansfield

Thanks. That will give me some options to look at. I'm familiar with Camtasia, but looking for something simpler and cheaper.

SurfaceProArtist

It's not free, but SnagIt from TechSmith is very good for $50.

ikon

Have a look at the Applian products, in particular Replay Video Capture -- only $40, although I recommend the Suite for $80.

SarinSamuel

My Screen Recorder is a better screen recording software. It records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to standard compressed format that works with any video editor or any tool, no conversion required.

HappyFuture

This is kind of an old thread, but for recording on my Surface 3 LTE model I downloaded ezvid. It took quite a while to download. You download a small executable first, then it acts as a download manager to get the actual application. It has some great features, like HD recording, facecam / webcam recording while screen recording. I will post a video I make with it soon. www.ezvid.com

Edited by HappyFuture