RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
SombreSire

Surface Pro 2 Specs

SombreSire

Hello,

Does anyone have a more detailed specs sheet of the Surface Pro 2 ?

I am looking for the wlan chipset that is used now.

I ask that because in our company we cannot connect a Surface Pro to our corporate wlan. We have a hardware case opened at Microsoft and it looks like there is a problem with the Marvell chipset.

Thanks

Marc.

SombreSire

Well, we just had a Surface Pro 2 for test and it's the same wlan hardware (Marvell 350N).

Microsoft Support is still unable to make it work on our company network so I am thinking about cancelling my preorder and waiting for a Dell Venue Pro.

Too bad....

schoondoggy

Hello,

Does anyone have a more detailed specs sheet of the Surface Pro 2 ?

I am looking for the wlan chipset that is used now.

I ask that because in our company we cannot connect a Surface Pro to our corporate wlan. We have a hardware case opened at Microsoft and it looks like there is a problem with the Marvell chipset.

Thanks

Marc.

What brand of access points are you using?

SurfaceProArtist

I've been having intermittent wifi issues on my Surface Pro since updating to Windows 8.1 RTM. What a drag if it's a chipset issue. No amount of driver fixes can eliminate those.

schoondoggy

I've been having intermittent wifi issues on my Surface Pro since updating to Windows 8.1 RTM. What a drag if it's a chipset issue. No amount of driver fixes can eliminate those.

Is the issue on 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz or both? What are you using for a WAP?

When I first got my Surface I was having connectivity issues on the 5Ghz connection. I was also having issues with my Motorola Xyboard 8.2 on 5Ghz. I replaced my home WAP with a Engenious EAP600 and all issues have gone away.

At work we have Aruba for WAP's. We had always had issues with MacBooks not connecting. Certain models from Dell had issues as well. Finally, Aruba sent out a tech, he loaded different firmware on the WAP's and things seem to be working now.

SombreSire

We have Cisco 1240 APs. We tried also with a Ruckus Zoneflex 7982.

We have a lot of different wireless devices (Apple, Dell, Panasonic, HP, Lenovo, xPlore etc..) who can connect without a problem (tablets, industrial machines, smartphones, notebooks etc...). The SurfacePro and the Surface Pro 2 are the only devices who have problems.

We have a hardware case opened at Microsoft Premier Support for 4 months now, we have had MS technicians on site and... nothing.

If we use a wifi dongle in the Surface Pro, it works instantaneously.

The problem seems to be really linked to the Marvell hardware/driver.

We have tried 6 different drivers with Windows 8 and 8.1 (beta/preview/rtm). Firmware upgrades for the Surface and the APs.

At the moment we have are reducing (more 'stopping' than 'reducing') the testing on the Surface, we have already spent too much time trying with Microsoft to make it work.

We are going to try a Lenovo Hélix and in the future certainly the new Dell tablets.

ikon

Remind me not to get a Cisco AP ;)

SombreSire

Or remind me not to get a Surface (1 or 2) :P

Well, Marvell has acknowledged that there is a problem but they also said that it should have been fixed in Windows 8.1 which is not the case..... we are so lucky  :huh: