RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
mobiledatageek

New Surface Rt User

mobiledatageek

Well, I have finally made the plunge and have bought a Surface RT.  I have been reading the forums and listening to the Surface Geeks podcast for a while, but didn't have a Surface RT.  I picked up a Surface RT from Ebay seller Manufacturedcertified for $279 that included a touch keyboard.  The unit was refurbished, but in my opinion, the Surface was freakin brand new.

I actually got the device for my wife and she is liking it.  A really nice feature is that we can have two accounts setup on the tablet,  One for me and one for her.  That way we don't mix up our stuff. 

With a few days of use, I am really impressed with the Surface RT.  Hardware is nice.  Device is solid.

I am looking forward to the official Windows 8,1 release to update tablet.  And I am looking forward to today's Surface event to see what they announce,  I may be considering a Surface Pro,

WolfJT

I think if you have the money for the Pro and you want that type of form factor then it's a very solid PC. However, you might want to consider a full blown laptop that will have a bigger screen and more memory and storage at the Pro's price. The pro is a solid nice device, the only down side I see with the current model is the battery life. The good news is the powered keyboard that will be released early next year. That should give the current pro 2 additional hours boosting battery life to around 6 hrs.  Welcome to the Surface community.

pfinter

Wait for the new Surface Pro and get the better battery life.  Also, you might look at some of the non-Microsoft tablets running full versions of windows 8. Some of these seem like they might be pretty good, finally.