RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JBresky

Surface Rt Spotting

schoondoggy

I was waiting at the car dealership for an oil change this week. I over-heard the fellow sitting at the next table explaining to another customer that he had tried to travel with an iPad and no laptop, but had nothing but issues. He had tried to display a PPT and all the graphics were off. No USB port to share the PPT. Issues connecting to wifi. I was working I my Surface and held it up when he said his IT department was looking at Surface and Surface Pro. We had a great discussion on the new devices, docking station and battery keyboard for the Pro. Microsoft needs to step up the corporate education and awareness. I think they focus on IT and they need to focus on management(content creators).

• Like 2

pfinter

A College aged friend of mine had his Macbook Air stolen. He has ordered a Surface RT before he knew I had one. He planned on using Word and the browser. I introduced him to oneNote and informed him about the ability to print and the USB jack that he somehow missed. He's even more excited and can't wait for it to be delivered. 

I Imagine he'll ask me lots of questions and I am happy to help him.

The college kid loves his RT and OneNote. When his professors want him to copy graphs off the whiteboard, he just takes a picture and adds it to his OneNote page for his class notes. He got a touch keyboard but, prefers to use the virtual keyboard at school. He also prefers his RT over his stolen Macbook Air. 

Also, two people have recently purchased 32GB RT's. The price difference seems to be making a difference.

The college kid loves his RT and OneNote. When his professors want him to copy graphs off the whiteboard, he just takes a picture and adds it to his OneNote page for his class notes. He got a touch keyboard but, prefers to use the virtual keyboard at school. He also prefers his RT over his stolen Macbook Air. 

Also, two people have recently purchased 32GB RT's. The price difference seems to be making a difference.

Those are two people at my office. both are technical support guys.

Campbell

Over the past few months I've done a little bit of travel for work - and I was a bit disappointed that I didn't see any surface's in the wild. But I'm going to keep on looking and ensure I keep my RT out in the open.

I actually think OneNote and the new 'baked-in' SkyDrive are killer features for Windows 8.1 and Surface Rt. I'm hoping the MSFT marketing bods can come up with a good way to get this across to normal people via ad's.

One thing that is annoying me though is that Silverlight isn't supported.

Fil1488993270

I've seen a couple Surface devices used in some episodes of the Arrow TV series, not sure if they're Pro or RT though, but they seem to look slim.

When my wife and I got our Surface RTs last month, the store people said they were already sold out (not surprising because of the huge price slash) so there must be a lot of people using them out here. I know most of my wife's colleagues are also using Surface RTs.

MS would have probably made money on the Surface RT if the marketing played on its strengths and usefulness more than pushing the hip and cool factor.

Edited by Fil