RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
JBresky

Surface Rt Spotting

JBresky

I got really exited when I saw a fellow Surface RT user on the Eurobike fair in Germany. He also used a Lumia 920. Have you others also spotted other Surface RT users out there in the wild?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I see both rt and pro. The majority are pro though. Most say they went with pro because the rt mail app was horrible. I know I couldn't talk any users in my company to use an rt due to that. Looking forward to 8.1 release.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

pfinter

A College aged friend of mine had his Macbook Air stolen. He has ordered a Surface RT before he knew I had one. He planned on using Word and the browser. I introduced him to oneNote and informed him about the ability to print and the USB jack that he somehow missed. He's even more excited and can't wait for it to be delivered. 

I Imagine he'll ask me lots of questions and I am happy to help him.

JWA0507

When people ask me why  the iPad is so popular, I tell them the truth, It's a nice product that's really out classed by competitors from Google and Microsoft, but  is sold in a well established retail chain that has become a "destination store" in every mall and it's competitors presently can't match that.

The Microsoft stores are well executed and in many ways better than the Apple competition, but doesn't have the mindshare or location numbers to match Apple yet.

ElBurro

I've seen 2 since the release. There are a lot more Lumias in the wild. At least in y experience.

WolfJT

I have seen a couple Pros and RTs in the wild. Talked the sales guy I technically support into a pro and his wife into an RT as well. people in my office really like my RT. Once the price dropped, I started seeing more movement. I think the 349 price point is perfect, I really wish the Surface 2 was around that price as well.

schoondoggy

I see the Fox sports guys all had Surface devices sitting in front of them today.

WolfJT

I saw that too, not too mention MS paid for Hawaii 5-0 to use Surface and Windows Phones in last years episodes. I kind of wish they would direct some of those dollars to pay devs to create top notch apps. That, I think would help this platform more than anything else. Sorry, the last comment was off topic :)

schoondoggy

My wife is watching Revenge and one of the characters phone is a Lumia.

WolfJT

I was at my granddaughters school today or grandparents day. they made an announcement that they will be equipping their older students IPADs. After the event I pulled aside the principle and asked her if the IPad choice was set in stone. She said they are investigating it. I mentioned to her to look into the Surface RT. She never heard of the tablet. I told her about Office and the Skydrive advantage. She said she will look into it. It's hard to believe people haven't heard of the Surface.