RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Are You Downloading Windows 8.1 Yet?

How many of you guys have MSDN or technet?  Curious.

I'm downloading now but it's sloooooow.  I'm sure nobody else is downloading right?  ;)

SurfaceProArtist

Downloaded and installed on a laptop over an 8.1 Preview. Disappointed that I can't seem to install as an upgrade, but have to tie up one of only two Technet supplied product keys. Upgrades of my other systems will have to wait until October.

Terrified but backing up Surface Pro now so that I can do the install later today.

I had a TechNet subscription until this past July when I let it expire.  I figured Microsoft was moving away from TechNet anyway so it was not worth the renewal.  I will be waiting for official release of 8.1 even though I could easily install the leaked version. 

I have TechNet. At home, because I use Untangle, I cannot use the Download Manager (OK OK, I could use it, but it would mean I have to log into my Untangle for every download and flip a setting off and back on, which I'm too lazy to do). I tried using the Direct Download links, but they start the downloads and then quit a little while later. I click the Resume button but then they just say they can't be downloaded. So, I'm downloading at work, where I have to be anyway, so no biggie.