RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Apps On Acer W700

Doc1488993270

Hi.

I´ve got a W700 and I´m really pleaded with it. It is small and light, fab WI-FI, and a perfect carry around (considering it´s basically a ´real´ pc) I am retraining as a teacher and I use it to study from. Lotsa notes, lotsa reports and lotsa reading material. Here comes the problem. It is full of UTTERLY USELESS apps. I need to get rid of this bloat so as to fit more Didactic reading material on here.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall/delete/remove all this social media, newsy, weather n games teenage shit from my work tool??

I figured this to be the best place to ask such a Q.

Much appreciated

Soon to be ex-carpenter from Denmark

If they are metro apps, just hold the icon and then you will get an uninstall option. If the are desktop apps, you will have to go to the control panel via the desktop and uninstall the programs there.

I don't have the tiles anymore. I have a Win 7 desktop look. The apps are only accessible in the start menu window. and they do not give me an option to delete them. The control panel doesn´t help either. no mention of how to get rid of them.

Thx 4 your reply though. its really starting to annoy me that they´ve put stuff on and no way of deceiding what to keep n what to ditch. 

Assuming you run windows 8 and not 8.1 preview...

For desktop applications: When in your desktop mode press (windows key + X). Now click on the top option which is programs and features. Here you  can see everything that runs in the Win 7-like desktop area.

For metro applications: First go to the start screen (the screen with all the tiles). Right click. In the bottom right corner you should see a button that says "all apps". Click that and then find the applications you would like to remove. Right click on the application you would like to remove and you should see an uninstall button along the bottom. If you see other buttons pop up but no "uninstall" button, it may be a core Windows application that you cannot use or you may have to go to the desktop and follow the directions above.

I don't know about Acer products, but with my Lenovo device I was easily able to remove all the "utterly useless" apps they bundled with it.

I think he intimated that he no longer has a Metro Start Screen, I assume because he installed utility or followed some procedure to disable it. I assume, however, that there must be some way to get the Metro Screen back and then uninstall stuff.