RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Outlook.com Issues?

mplovan

So I had to reset my password for the forums, and had the oddest problem.

The mail app on my RT is claiming my Hotmail address is not available and hasn't updated email since this AM. Not a huge deal b/c Gmail is my primary email address

Now for the odd part, my nexus 4 Outlook.com app received the email. I was also able to login to Outlook.com and see the new emails.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

MATT

So I had to reset my password for the forums, and had the oddest problem.

The mail app on my RT is claiming my Hotmail address is not available and hasn't updated email since this AM. Not a huge deal b/c Gmail is my primary email address

Now for the odd part, my nexus 4 Outlook.com app received the email. I was also able to login to Outlook.com and see the new emails.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

MATT

Never mind, a reboot fixed it.

I may have spoken too soon, when I try and sync the mail app (not running the preview), I am notified my email address is unavailable.

It still grabbed an email I sent myself.

After working with Surface support, who were awesome, and submitting a ticket to online support for outlook.com, I had tried the following

Change the account to local and back.

Setup a separate local account and remove the online account

Refresh the device

Restore the device

None of this worked...could manually sync for emails, but no push notifications.

I found some threads about reentering my password (of course, can't do that on an RT), so I changed my Microsoft account password on the RT and problem solved