RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Ms Stores In Bestbuy (Not Positive) So Far

Richard1488993267

Today I went to my local best buy store in Compton to see if the new MS section had been setup yet as I have been for a few weeks now. When entering the store to my surprise there was this beautiful Samsung section setup and still no sign of anything MS other than a surface pro turned off in the laptop section. As you can guess I was very disappointed after all the hype between MS and Best Buy over the last few months Turns out Samsung has stolen their thunder in just a night with no hype and probably very little investment. The absolute kick in the rear was when I said to the girl in the Samsung section "wow it looks like Samsung beat Microsoft to the punch" and her reply was "of course". Very sad day indeed, MS just cant get it right what is wrong? MS is starting to remind me of my job where we talk a lot but deliver little.

The Microsoft store is up and running in West L.A. I visited Thursday, the day after it opened and it was well-manned and stocked with a wide variety of tablets and laptops. It was a little bit bigger than the Samsung store in the same Best Buy. Hopefully 8.1 and the new machines released this fall will light a fire under the entire pc industry.

Unfortunately, my understanding is that only about half of the Best Buys in the US will be getting the full Windows Stores.  All of them should be getting the Samsung Experience Shops though.

I have to say I find criticism of MS for not having the Best Buy kiosk open a bit weird. How can someone criticize for the store not being open? Who knows what the schedule is?

As far as how many BBs will be getting MS kiosks, I presume the eventual number of stores with kiosks will depend on how well the first batch does.

It wasn’t that I was trying to criticize but more just
expressing my disappointment. All the hub bub and the big partnership with best
buy and to then see Samsung just come in and do it with no BS in a few hours is
disappointing to say the least. I’m a huge fan of MS products but I’m really
starting to feel like I’m on sinking ship and I am bummed because I really can’t
use the alternatives out there.

Anyhow I’m still looking forward to an MS/BB store near me,
as of right now the closest MS store is 22 miles from me. 

I'm not sure what hub bub you've been hearing but, other than here and HSS forums, I haven't heard anything about the MS/BB thing. I'm going to have to check to see if I'm living under a rock ;)

22 miles? Count yourself lucky; the nearest MSS to me is more than 250 miles away  :(

Edited by Ikon