RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kasuja

Mini Display Port To Dvi Adapter For Surface

kasuja
Hello,

I don't have a Surface pro yet. But I do have a question about its mini display port,
Can I use any Mini display port to DVI adapter for surface PRO or does it need to be a specific one?

I already have an Mini display port to DVI adapter from apple. Does that one work with a Surface Pro?
I want to connect a Wacom Cintiq screen to a Surface PRO.
Edited by kasuja

SurfaceProArtist

The Apple mini display port adapter may work, but just barely. The problem is that the Surface Pro's sides are angled, so the flat Apple connector doesn't attach snugly.

kasuja

ahaa thanks for the answer. 

I get different answers if I ask about it at Surface resellers. 
The angled side was worrying me exactly for that problem. 

But I might get it to work by cutting off some plastic in the exact angle of the Surface Pro's edge. ( a 22 degree angle I remember it correctly. )

ikon

You can almost certainly get it to fit by cutting off some of the plastic. I've done this on several plugs for various computers over the years. It usually only requires removing around 1/8".

kasuja

It works perfect with any normal DVI monitor.

Now I need to find a solution for a new problem.
The wacom cintiq needs an USB port to make te pen work on the screen. I cant get it to work if I use the USB port on the Power supply. Does anyone know how I can fix that? Now I am forced to use the USB port on the Surface PRO.

The less sticking outside of my Surface PRO the better. I hope I can eliminate the USB cable of the Wacom Cintiq and make it work with the USB port on the Power supply.