RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Dave's Mention Of An Ipod - Audible App Crashes

LawnPaul

The last podcast Dave mentioned the possibility of getting an iPod just for podcast.

Sadly one of my friends did this just for Audible. The audible app is horrendous, it constantly restarts the books, or just crashes. They even had an update last week with new added features, but all it takes is one txt or call to loose your place in your book.

So what im getting at is, you are not alone on needing a second device Dave, it just sad that this is what the fix is.

I can't attest to the Audible app but I think i've finally found the Podcast app i've been looking for.

Podcast Picker

I know everyone is different but this is the one I like best.

It's a bit surprising Audible is not handling podcasts. The last time I used it, for an audio book, it worked perfectly. I wonder if there is something fundamentally different about podcasts and audio books. Can't think what it would be.

• 2 months later...

Just an update to the audible issue. We figured out that as long as you use the app to pause, it will work correctly. Pausing with Bluetooth, or lock screen controls will crash the app or restart the book. Not ideal, but at least we can use Audible this way.

Sent from my L920 using Tapatalk